Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Leave Em' Wanting More

There is a saying in the music world that you should always finish off a performance leaving the audience wanting more. I have seen some musicians who love to perform so much that they will stay on the stage forever, leaving the listeners wishing for a power outage. Others know their craft well, and when they say goodnight, the audience is on their feet screaming for more. You can be sure the house will be filled when they come back to town the next time.

This is blog number 94. I started this blog writing a post every day, the stories were knocking on the back of my eyeballs saying "let us out!". Politics happened and more stories started piling up. Soon there was a big line behind my eyeballs and I had no choice but to write daily. They woke me up at 2 am and wouldn't stop their incessant hounding until I got out the laptop and tapped away.

Now that the line has dwindled, I serve the stories as they come. I have thought about quitting after the 100th blog posting, it seems like a good landmark. I guess I will have to wait and see what goes on behind my eyeballs. And what the audience says.

1 comment: