Friday, May 11, 2012

Love

Love. One of the most beautiful and complicated human experiences. Just what is this mysterious emotion that wraps itself around our hearts?

Love is the most powerful healing medicine there is. It supports understanding, forgiveness, and compassion. Love can fill the Soul with the music of a thousand angels. It creates a feeling of inner peace and security, a deep sense of comfort. It also has big expectations. Love asks us to bring our best to others, and sometimes that means facing our fears and old hurts in order to realize that love.

Love is not just a feeling, it comes alive through action. I would propose that love is a verb rather than a noun. Without the act of loving one's self or another, does love really exist? Or is it simply a concept? It is a gift given, moving through me to you and then to another. I see it as a mist-filled cloud of beautiful, soft colors swirling in between all living things as it is given and received.

When I love someone, my gift to them is to help them fly, to reach their dreams. I want to support them as the travel their journey through life, clearing stones in the road when I can, or watching for traffic while they do the heavy lifting.  I gain strength in my own life from the love that flows from others into me. It is a circle, this thing called love.

I sometimes imagine a world where we all try to help each other from a place of love, instead of tearing each other down in our desperation. What a beautiful place that would be. I wonder if desperation is born from love not being able to get through the fear surrounding our hearts? I think we humans are very scared without love in our hearts. And then we become scarey.

The deepest love I have ever known exists for my Beloved Nahnie, my Family and close Friends, my beagle Tiny, and for all Beings in nature. This love has roots that travel into the depths of my Soul, and creates such energy that I feel an earthquake inside. This love moves me to make changes I never thought possible, to stand through fears, to care for myself, and to hold the rope for others while they are struggling and unable to walk with me. I am ever grateful for the gifts that these important Beings share with me through love.

So every day I will remind myself of the power of love and look for its beautiful swirling colors. I will let it fill my heart and Soul and move through me into everyone around me. I will be the change I wish to see.

1 comment: