Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday

Awhile back I wrote about my Spider friend Charlotte. Apparently she has moved out, perished, or simply vanished. I haven't seen her in weeks. At first I felt sad, I had grown quite attached. But then, one day while taking a shower, a new Spider was hanging out on the curtain that covers the window out into my backyard.  I could not sense whether this new friend was female or male, so I named it Thursday, the day I first met the Spider.

Thursday has an ability that Charlotte did not - she/he can climb out of the bathtub. Thursday is a different species than Charlotte, and seems to be more adventuresome. I have seen Thursday many times, mostly at night when my aging causes me to visit the bathroom more than I used to. Thursday may be on the wall, just sitting there. Or, perhaps working on a new web. I never know. We visit for a bit and I go back to bed.  It is a relief to know that Thursday can climb out of the tub, significantly reducing the odds of getting washed down the drain.

There is something comforting about knowing the Beings that share a home with me. It helps me not feel so alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment