Thursday, September 27, 2012

Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal

The unique odor that our underarms emit is caused by bacteria, and that unpleasant scent we smell is gas, a byproduct of that bacteria. Something like swamp gas on a tiny scale. At least that is what I read somewhere once upon a time. In the U.S., body odor is considered  disgusting and we take great pains to hide it.

I used to love the James Cagney commercial, you remember it? I practiced and practiced imitating him in the bathroom mirror..

"Dry up shweetheart wit dis. New Right Guard in dah silver can. Stops odors. Keeps you dry. Knows more about your problem den you do."

When I moved back to Lansing in 2006 one of my first stops was the East Lansing Food Coop, to stock up on supplies. Instead of deodorant (which I don't really need as I rarely perspire, I just want to feel grown up), I prefer using a salt rock. It creates a saline environment that the bacteria can't live in. And it has no scent, nor does it contain aluminum, which has been linked to breast cancer by some reports.

I paid $7 for my Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal. Right on the label it says it lasts up to one year.  Mine is still 3/4 of the size it was when I bought it. It has been six years. I believe it has at least 12 years to go. That would make me, oh, 66 years old. Maybe even retired. It likely will outlast my dog Tiny.

I don't have exceptionally small armpits, either.

So I guess this is a testimonial for a healthy product that lasts much longer than the average dog's life. And it works well, too. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment